When you choose ExitRight® for your exit interviews, you’re letting HSD do the work. Rather than expecting your already busy HR department to track down previous employees to request an exit interview, HSD contacts them directly; you need only provide their contact information.
Contact us today to learn more about how ExitRight® can help your company’s employee retention.
The Exit Interview Process: ExitRight®
- HSD provides an ExitRight® interview draft, but you decide on the final content.
- You may also consider making the interviews anonymous, which increase participation and honesty from previous employees.
- Choose your notification options (how we will contact previous staff members) to ensure the highest number of responses.
- After notification options are secured, you will determine which interview process you prefer exiting employees receive: web, phone or e-mail.
- You may then select your demographic and organizational reporting requirements.
- HSD will prepare your exit interview website, emails and notifications.
- Your HR person will then export the names and contact information for previous employees into ExitRight® and your 24/7 reporting terminal is established.
- Select preferred methods of aggregating data for reporting purposes.
- Decide on how frequently you want period reports, such as quarterly, semi-annually or annually. This is largely dependent on your organizations turnover frequency.
- Access ExitRight® 24/7 to review results as desired.
- Create action plans according to data collected by HSD regarding terminated employees’ experience with your organization.
- Observe changes in employee exit interview responses over time, while comparing them to HSD’s extensive turnover benchmarks as you implement changes.
Additional Steps that You Can Take Within Your Organization
- Ensure that ExitRight® has exiting employee data immediately after termination so that the exit interview can be conducted within 2 to 8 weeks of exiting your company.
- Create an internal document for exiting employees so that they know to expect an exit interview from HSD.
- Encourage exiting employees to participate in the exit interview when they are contacted.
- Let managers and employees know about the exit interview process.